If you are trying to reduce the added sugar in your kids’ diet, this is the post for you! Here is a roundup of some of my favorite dietitian-approved, no sugar added recipes for kids.
Table of Contents
Why No Sugar Added?
Whenever I work with my clients, one of the first things they ask for is recipe ideas.
I totally get why too! Being a parent is overwhelming enough, the last thing you want to do is sit on the computer and search for recipes. Especially when you don’t even really know what you are looking for.
When it comes to added sugars, it is hard to find good recipes that don’t call for spoonful after spoonful of sugar.
If you are not quite sure what is considered an added sugar, you can download my free “e-guide to added sugars.” This guide will walk you through the main differences between added and natural sugar and how to identify them.
Because I was getting so many requests from clients on no added sugar recipes, I decided to reach out to some of my colleagues.
Today’s post features some of my favorite no added sugar recipes they shared with me. Because sharing is caring!
No Sugar Added Energy Balls
- Healthy Energy Balls By Create Kids Club
- Almond Butter Energy Bites By Element Nutrition Co.
- PB & J Granola Bites (Vegan) By Jessica Spiro Nutrition
- Almond & Pistachio Cocoa Bites By Amy Gorin
- Oatmeal Date Balls By Jennifer Hunt
No Sugar Added Ice Cream
- Creamy Chocolate PB Ice Cream By Elizabeth Ward
- Chocolate Banana Nice Cream By Amy Gorin
- Strawberry, Kiwi, Banana “Nice Cream” By Shahzadi Devje
No Sugar Added Frozen Treats
- Pineapple Whip Float By Salubrious RD
- Mango Banana Sorbet By Shaw Simple Swaps
- Blueberry Slush Papaya Boat By Shahzadi Devje
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Shake By Ginger Hultin
Yogurt & Smoothies
- DIY Strawberry Yogurt By The Baby Steps Dietitian
- 5 Minute Green Smoothie By Alyssa Lavy
- Blueberry Chia Smoothie By Nutrition Savvy RD
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie By Tara Rochford Nutrition
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie By Element Nutrition Co.
Syrup & Jam
Pudding & Dip
- Rich and Creamy Chocolate Pudding By Wholly Plants
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding By Amy Gorin
- Chunky Monkey Chia Pudding By Nourish Nutrition Co.
- Decadent Chocolate Dip By Wholly Plants
Muffin & Pancakes
- Chickpea Banana Muffins By Kelly Jones Nutrition
- Chocolate Banana Muffins By Hummusapien
- Flourless Blueberry Muffins By Jennifer Hunt
- Simple 4 Ingredient Pancakes By Element Nutrition Co.
- Blueberry Muffin Pancakes By Lively Table
Bars & Cookies
- Baked Oatmeal Bars By Mama Knows Nutrition
- PB & J Baked Oatmeal Bars By Lively Table
- Trail Mix Cookies By Triad To Wellness
Other No Added Sugar Treats
- Healthier Hot Chocolate By Smart Nutrition
- Banana Bread Granola By Lively Table
- Air Fried Bananas By CS Nutrition
- Smash Cake! By Muscle & Manna